Sunday, March 26, 2023

Tasting - Villa Alena Moscato D'Asti

Name: Villa Alena Moscato D'Asti

Variety: Moscato

Region: Piemonte

Country: Italy

Vintage: 2022

Price: $8.99


Winery Review

"Who doesn't love an Asti during the holiday season? Enjoyable sweet bubbly with flavors of pear, green apple, and a hint of citrus. A bit sticky, but not all bad! Cheers!"


-Chad D from Vivino

Wine Folly

The book describes this wine as a having the following flavor notes: orange blossom, pear, honeysuckle, lemon, and mandarin orange (page 138). Because this bottle was so sweet, I feel like the collection of fruit and sugars is immensely accurate to this bottle. Juicy pears, green apple, and honeysuckle were all present and loud when sampling this bottle.

My Review

I drank this wine along with that blue Spanish wine I had last week. It's funny having these two wines together, because they both had very similar flavor palates. Very sweet and fizzy, perfect to have on a warm picnic day. 

I felt like this wine was simple, but sometimes simple is what we need. After all, I was unable to detect anything on the nose. In fact, while I was doing the classic sniff and swirl, I felt like I was sniffing water. Initially, green apple and pears were the most intense aspect of this flavor profile; however, the taste was not really intense. In fact, the finish was barely present. After swallowing, you are not able to remember how the wine felt on your tongue. Everything about it will get immediately swept away. Because of how sweet and simple it was, I felt like I was a kid drinking apple juice after recess. Perfectly fine for a warm summer day, but otherwise there are better bubbly, sweet wines I would have rather had.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Villa Alena Moscato D'Asti

Name: Villa Alena Moscato D'Asti Variety: Moscato Region: Piemonte Country: Italy Vintage: 2022 Price: $8.99 Winery Review "Wh...