Sunday, March 19, 2023

Tasting- Broadbent Vinho Verde

Name: Broadbent Vinho Verde

Variety: Arinto - Loureiro/Trajadura/Pederna

Region: Vinho Verde

Country: Portugal

Vintage: 2022

Price: $10.99


Winery Review

" I haven't had too many Vinho Verdes (I'm more of a red drinker anyway), but this was great and refreshing for a summer day! It was quite limey, but  in a crisp and tangy way that made it a very enjoyable wine." 

- Merrile from Drizly


Wine Folly

As stated last week, Wine Folly's information about Vinho Verde is lacking. It merely states,. "A regional wine blend from Portuhal offered in white, rose and red styles. The most popular style is a low-alcohol, fruity wine with a touch of spritz" (page 184). I didn't really find that this wine was spritzy, which I found to be immensely disappointing. I was searching for a nice, crisp, bubbly wine. Although I got crisp, the lack of carbonation was devestating. 


My Review

After trying this vineyard's rose, I felt like trying the main attraction was appropriate. Although I think I prefer the rose, I still feel like this was an enjoyable, rich experience that I would recommend to anyone that enjoys crisp, acidic wines that light up the palate. 

Unlike the rose, this was not as carbonated and fizzy. This was honestly a disappointment, but it was a lot more carbonated that some of the other wines I have tried this semester. This bottle reminded me of drinking fresh, dry, semi-sweet apple juice. It went down extremely easy, but it's body was a lot more full and robust than I expected. It was as if I had this crisp, appley velvet in my mouth. Although not the sweetest wine I've had- as it is balanced by the high acidity- I found that the fruity, floral nature of this wine to bring some sweetness to its flavor profile.  I think a lot of the acidity that my sense pick up is coming from small hints of lemon and lime. 

I feel like because of this, the bottle would be a perfect pairing for a mixed green salad or a pan seared fish. Although I drank this by itself, I would probably pair this with food to make the wine feel more layered and complex. My mouth physically salivated, proving to me that my mouth was in desperate need for food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Villa Alena Moscato D'Asti

Name: Villa Alena Moscato D'Asti Variety: Moscato Region: Piemonte Country: Italy Vintage: 2022 Price: $8.99 Winery Review "Wh...